In Remembrance of Dr. Peter Som
It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our teacher, mentor and friend, Dr. Peter Som. Dr. Som was among the most influential ENT radiologists in the world over the past 50 years because of his prolific lecturing and writings. His classic textbook, co-authored with his close friend, Hugh Curtin, was and continues to be used by innumerable ENT radiologists, Otolaryngologists and Ophthalmologists in North America and internationally.
In addition to his academic accomplishments, Dr. Som was a master clinician heading the Mount Sinai ENT Radiology Section in NYC for 45 years. He was actively involved in numerous academic radiology societies and was awarded the ASHNR Gold Medal for his contributions to head and neck radiology. He published over 90 book chapters and review articles, 300 peer-reviewed articles, gave over 500 invited lectures. He trained numerous radiologist and clinicians in head and neck radiology over his career. He was truly an amazing educator and clinician. We have been so fortunate to work with Dr. Som and his loss to our radiology community cannot be described in words.
We send our sincerest condolences to his family.Join or Renew ENRS Membership
Objectives of the Society
- To develop and support standards for the training and practice of neuroradiology and head and neck radiology.
- To encourage research in neuroradiology and head and neck radiology.
- To provide annual meetings for the reading and discussion of papers and the dissemination of knowledge in neuroradiology and head and neck radiology.
- To promote a close fellowship and exchange of ideas among neuroradiologists and head and neck radiologists.
- To promote close cooperation between neuroradiology and head and neck radiology and other branches of medicine and the allied sciences.
Geographic Boundaries of the Society
The states of Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, the District of Columbia, and the provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec.