News of Interest
The following awards were given for presentations during the ENRS 32nd Annual Meeting, August 27-30, 2020, held virtually:
The Norman E. Leeds Award for best scientific paper presented was given to Alexander Wong, MD from Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada. Dr. Wong’s presentation was entitled, Management of ruptured intracranial aneurysms: clinical outcomes over 15 years post-ISAT.
The Stephen A. Kieffer Award for best mentored paper was given to Marcus J. Daniels, MD, from John Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Daniels’s presentation was entitled, Assessment of RAPID and Syngo.via in Core Infarct Estimate Compared with DW-MRI Obtained within 24 Hours.
The Robert D. Zimmerman Award for best scientific poster was given to Halyna Pokyhlevych, MD, from MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. Dr. Johnson’s poster was entitled, Retrospective Analysis of Imaging Characteristics of Tectal Gliomas.
Objectives of the Society
- To develop and support standards for the training and practice of neuroradiology and head and neck radiology.
- To encourage research in neuroradiology and head and neck radiology.
- To provide annual meetings for the reading and discussion of papers and the dissemination of knowledge in neuroradiology and head and neck radiology.
- To promote a close fellowship and exchange of ideas among neuroradiologists and head and neck radiologists.
- To promote close cooperation between neuroradiology and head and neck radiology and other branches of medicine and the allied sciences.
Geographic Boundaries of the Society
The states of Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, the District of Columbia, and the provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec.